This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Records and Other Artefacts
 John Elliot's PARENTS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blue Bird Posted - 10 February 2011 : 08:09:16
Hi , Looking for the PARENTS of John Elliot. I know nothing of the John Elliot's PARENTS. I know John Elliot was b.1768/9 [may be Hobkirk} m.1797 to Betty [Betsy] Taylor b.1774 had nine children [may be 11] the first child was William b.1798 Hobkirk and the last child was Agnes b. 1815 Hawick. I have now run out of luck, hoping this inform. will be enough to get somewhere. Looking forward to hearing from you, cheers, Trish
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
terianne Posted - 11 February 2011 : 14:17:18
Have you tried looking at their children's names - there could be a clue

The general rule is locally is that the first two boy are name after the grandfathers and the first two girls after the grandmothers

In the majority of cases it is first son and second daughter are the fathers parents and the second son and the first daughter the mothers parents - it can varied slightly but if there a promanent friend or family member there may be an exception to the rule (very rare).

check it out it might help

Also middle name are very common locally - generally the madien names in the female lines

Anne Turnbull

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000