This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 People and Ancestry
 Hawick Cemeteries - Budge/Ballantyne

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sbudge Posted - 08 December 2012 : 12:24:52

There are 3 cemetries in Hawick, Wilton, Wellgate and St Mary's. I'm visiting Hawick next weekend to try and trace more of my grand parents family. My grandfather was John Budge and looking to see if I can find his fathers grave George Pearson Budge who died on the 17th December 1935 or his direct family.

Also my grand mother's family of Ballantyne, I know her grandfather Andrew Ballantyne (Galashiels Burgh Chamberlain) was buried in Eastlands Cemetery, however have not found his sons grave, he died while singing in Cavers Church on the 7th November 1926.

It would be great if any one could help on these two points.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sbudge Posted - 10 December 2012 : 07:44:06
Thanks for info sent email to Council and will certainly visit the Hawick Hub this weekend.

terianne Posted - 09 December 2012 : 20:09:54
Was 5 cemerties, but old Wilton has been grassed over, still in issue are Wellogate, St Mary's and Wilton and St Cuthbert church

Currently the MI's for Hawick have not beening recorded in recent years however,their are old books on graves in the Wellogate, St Mary's and Wilton available to view (info on the older stones) at the Hertitage Hub in Hawick or the alternative is to ask Scottish Borders Council (as stated in the previous notice)to check the lair books

Anne Turnbull
strath Posted - 09 December 2012 : 01:45:27
Suggest you visit www.scotborders.gov.uk
the website of the Scottish Borders Council who
manage & maintain 154 cemeteries & churchyards
including those of interest to you.
Their HQ are at Newtown St.Boswells, Melrose.
Tel 0300 100 1800
good hunting, Strath

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000