This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Genealogy Software
 Genealogy Software - General
 Software

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
camartmac Posted - 05 May 2009 : 21:18:53
I am new to genealogy research in respect of my own families, and don't yet have a family tree application. I thought that this site would have had some examples listed but could not find anything posted. What would be suitable for an Apple Mac running on Leopard Please ?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gerrae82 Posted - 25 May 2010 : 22:06:12
I use and like Gene, though it only runs on classic macs - i.e. non-intel machines.

It can read and right ged files which are genealogy's lingua franca so when the time comes you can always move your data to a different system.

See,
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/gene/
lochfoot Posted - 06 October 2009 : 12:15:45
Great. I am glad you have found a way to get on with your family history. Once you get started, it grows and grows. God hunting.

William W. Wilson
camartmac Posted - 05 October 2009 : 23:14:47
Thanks. I have resorted to partitioning my Apple Mac drive using Boot Camp to load Windows VISTA and subsequently the application FTM...... which of course works.
lochfoot Posted - 04 October 2009 : 15:50:00
If you haven't yet found software for your Mac, you could try Genopro.com for information on how to use that software on an Apple. It does require some additions, but seems quite feasible. It is a fair system to use, easy to operate and very clear. Allows plenty of information storage, including photographs. Allows export and import of gedcom files etc. also creats reports, but unfortunately, at present, does not provide a possibility of printing those out, except through PDF file format. Hope this is helpful.

William W. Wilson
camartmac Posted - 05 May 2009 : 23:57:29
Hi Judithy

Thanks for that. I'm no sure that Family Tree Maker will work with a Mac.

I looked at your profile, and this is a shot in the dark, but are you in any way related to Mary Johnston b 16 July 1863 d 1940 and the Paterson family ?

judithy Posted - 05 May 2009 : 23:48:03
Welocme to Bordeers, it's a great site. Sorry but I don't know anything about Mac's. I use Family Tree Maker and have been pleased with it. Hope you find what you are looking for.

jj

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000