This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Conference Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Places
 Stephenson, Hobkirk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Harry D. Watson Posted - 11 August 2011 : 19:27:36
I don't believe the Hobkirk churchyard monumental inscriptions have been transcribed and published yet. It would probably be too good to be true if anyone here lived in or near Hobkirk, but if anyone does, and is likely to be visiting the churchyard, I'm interested to know if there's a headstone for my 5 x great-grandfather William Stephenson, possibly spelt Stevenson, who died at Longburnshiels farm, Hobkirk, in 1807 aged 77 (according to his obit. in the Kelso Mail). Any information gratefully received!

Harry
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wardy Posted - 05 November 2011 : 18:58:11
I'm hoping to pay a visit to Kelso before the end of the year so will try and have a look at Hobkirk en route. An old book I have "The Travellers Guide through Scotland and it's Islands" 1806 has an entry for Hobkirk. If you'd like to pm me your email address I can send it as an attachment if you wish. Cheers, Ward

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000