This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Conference Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Scottish, Local, and Social History
 search

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
helen blythe Posted - 02 July 2011 : 16:40:24
i am looking for the parents of thomas hope born 1783 scotland,death 1870 scotland.his wife was helen paterson born abt 1785-1878.thomas and helen had a daughter jane hope born abt 1808 roxburghshire death 1893 middlebury elkhart co in. thankyou helen

hblythe
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malcolm Robb Posted - 04 January 2012 : 12:08:59
If Thomas Hope died in 1870 his death should be recorded in the stautory death records at GROS. (on Scotland People website) The parents are usually shown, including the mothers maiden surname, and the name of the deceaseds' spouse.

MJROBB
Wardy Posted - 29 November 2011 : 21:25:07
I've found two Thomas Hope births. One born 26 Aug 1781 and one 29 May 1785 and both showing parents as James and Janet Hope. Both births at Kelso, Roxburghshire. Perhaps the first died in infancy. Strangely, I cannot find a wife named Paterson, but there was a marriage between a Thomas Hope and Betty Grieve in Kelso on 06 Aug 1805. Cheers, Ward 2204

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000