This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Scottish, Local, and Social History
 Ragmans Rolls (1291)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carcon11 Posted - 09 May 2009 : 17:04:33
Hi Hope this is the correct section, I am looking for any information on the 1291 Ragman Rolls please?

Two or three of my Ancestors were signatories, I have discovered a brief description of it but nothing in depth.Can any one point me to any in depth info please?
Thank you
carcon11
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malcolm Horsburgh Posted - 26 January 2012 : 07:01:59
Try:

Calendar of Documents relating to Scotland preserved in Her Majesty's Public Record Office, London. Volume II. 1272-1307. Edited by Joseph Bain.

A scanned version of the volume is available online at www.archive.org: http://www.archive.org/stream/cu31924091754394#page/n5/mode/2up

Please note that the Ragman Roll actually refers to the swearing of fealty to Edward I of England in the wake of the Battle of Berwick in 1296, not 1291.

Regards

Malcolm G. Horsburgh

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000