This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Places
 Ewe & Lamb Hotel, Hawick

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Glennys Gow Posted - 01 February 2012 : 05:10:21
I believe the Ewe & Lamb Hotel may still stand at Hawick, and wonder if anyone has an image of the hotel or know something of its history. My ancestor's brother, Archibald Tait, Innkeeper at the Ewe & Lamb, died there in 1879. Archibald was the son of William Tait, Carrier of Hawick, and his wife Elizabeth Forsyth, his wife was Elizabeth Naylor. With thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Glennys Gow Posted - 02 February 2012 : 08:18:25
Anne I really appreciate your response and your suggestions - I will check further. If one exists, an old photograph would be wonderful to have!

With thanks
Glennys
terianne Posted - 01 February 2012 : 14:36:54
yes it does you can pick it out on google earth its located in the Sandbed area of Hawick in the corner the courtyard toward the river (junction between Buccleuch street and Orrock Place).
locally sometimes called the Monkey's Bar - why I don't know)

Try get in touch with the Archological Society it the main History Society in Hawick also try the Hertiage Hub for info.

or contact the Hotel itself, they might the history available

Anne Turnbull

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000