This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Conference Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 People and Ancestry
 Re Elliot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blue Bird Posted - 11 September 2012 : 10:53:12
Sorry I was not at all clear with my inform. inform. John Elliot b. Sept. 1768 Hobkirk m c1797. Betty Taylor b.June1774. son William b.Dec 1798. d. Sept 1866 Jedburgh. This is the inform. I have and now am trying to find John parents Going by format their names may have been William. and Elizabeth. My next problem could be that you do not have this inform. if not could you give some advice please Cheers, Trish [Bluebeid} W.A. Australia
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubeaz Posted - 30 October 2012 : 04:36:50
I am wondering if you may have a James Elliot (a shoemaker) in your tree. He was born about 1785 and had a daughter Margaret Elliot born in Ireland and other children 1809-1815 Cavan. Cheers
Blue Bird Posted - 12 September 2012 : 14:38:31
Terianne thanks for your help. I'm beginning to think the James Elliot you found may be my Line. As I look down the line of John's children I find there are two children Christine and James in that order three years between them b.1808 and 1811 Perhaps after all this time we are on Track. I'm almost but not quite in tears. Once again thanks Trish {Bluebird]
terianne Posted - 11 September 2012 : 22:27:25
Had a check on IGI/LDS and it suggests that John father was called John p their is a John Elliot 25 Sept 1768 at Hobkirk, but their also a John Elliot 30 sept 1768 parent James Elliot and Christian Blyhte in Hawick.

Anne Turnbull

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000