This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Conference Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Records and Other Artefacts
 Looking for a grave in Galashiels 1916

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hunbun Posted - 22 November 2012 : 19:14:42
Hi all,
I am looking for a grave in Galashiels from 1916 does anyone know the best place to get this info from please. I live in England so cant get to scotland to search myself at the minute, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Dawn
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
terianne Posted - 19 April 2013 : 20:28:31
What family namer r u looking 4

Anne Turnbull
relgycandy Posted - 18 February 2013 : 08:13:14
I am looking for a grave in Galashiels from 1916 does anyone know the best place to get this info from please. I live in England so cant get to scotland to search myself at the minute, so any help is appreciated.

hunbun Posted - 30 November 2012 : 21:25:03
Im looking for someone called Jane Hogg Stewart (heatlie)she was only 38 when she died in 1916, i have her death certificate already and she was living at Waverly place in galashiels with her nusband James Stewart. I will check hte research page as you said on your post.
Thanks
dawn
terianne Posted - 29 November 2012 : 22:24:27
the Council is a good source of data, but

Just one thing who are you looking for in galashiels

the Society have MI CD's for the cemeteries and I think the whole of galashiels has been nearly completed.

A lot of the researchers which are involved with the Society are based around the Galashiels area.

Might be a good Idea to contact the research section. see the details on this website.

Anne Turnbull
hunbun Posted - 29 November 2012 : 10:36:13
hi
Do you have a link for st boswells to contact them, i have googled it but cant seem to find where i need to go.
Thanks in advance
dawn
megb Posted - 22 November 2012 : 22:44:33
Contact the council offices at St Boswells. I did recently and they were able to give me the whereabouts of a burial which did not have a marker and was from some time ago,
Thanks in advance
Dawn
[/quote]

M E Bull

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000