This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Borders Family History
 People and Ancestry
 Sudden/Chalmers - Sudden/Gerrard, Pringle, Sharp

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What is the sum of 4 + 3 ?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LauraGreen Posted - 20 March 2013 : 18:58:32
Looking for interest in the Sudden/Suddon family. James Suddon m Elisabeth/Betty Chalmers/Chambers in Kirknewton, Northumberland in 1796 they settled in Coldstream and then Earlston where he died 1856, but I am stuck on her. Then their son(s) James & Thomas (twins) (7 children total) were born 1802, Orange Lane, Thomas is Blacksmith in Earlston marries Janet Thomson and is well documented (part of this family goes to Australia), sadly my ancestor James isn't he marries an English girl too - Jane Gerrard must be around 1829 as their first child is born then (to his lawful wife) and she would have only been approximately 18, he was a Groom at Allanbank - was she in service there too? Her parents are William Gerrard Sea Captain and Isabella Morton (I think - virtually illegible on her death cert). James inconveniently dies in 1854 in Glasgow and is buried in Sighthill Cemetery, again I'm stuck on Jane the English girl. Sudden girls have become, Pringle, Bennet, Sharp, Stobie, Hamilton (Canada), Lauder, Crow. I have masses of info, I've been on this for years, but Elisabeth Chambers is alluding me. Having another push before coming up for the annual conference.

LauraGreen

Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000