This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
 Frequently Asked Questions about the Website
 How do I submit a query ?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Forum-Master

Scotland
94 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  23:14:25  Show Profile
Submitting queries
There is no charge to paid-up members of the Society for 'Queries' in the magazine and on the website.
Non-members are charged £4 per query. Payment should accompany each query.
Only one query per magazine issue will normally be accepted, unless space permits.

The Editor reserves the right to shorten, amend, delete part of a query, or to split queries. Your name, address, and membership number should also be quoted. I will include your telephone number only if you ask me specifically to do so. Please do not use abbreviations in your query, because it is often not clear what is meant.
When giving dates, please express them in the form Day/Month/Year.

Queries by email
Surprisingly, I am still receiving a few queries by post with incorrect email addresses.
Please note that so that I can be sure that the email address is correct, I wonít accept queries with an email address unless you send me the query by email.
Please indicate if you donít want your email address published.

Queries on the website
Please indicate if you do not want your query on the website, however, please note that as these will be published with your identity and an email address only; if your query has no email address or you request that it not be published, it won't get on to the website.
If you have one or more queries on the website and you change your email address, please let me know as soon as possible, preferably with a note of the query numbers.
A number of people have complained about addresses that do not exist.
There's no point in having queries on the website with defunct email addresses, and when these are discovered in the future, they will be removed.
In future, we will occasionally send enquirers a test email asking them to confirm their email address. If you don't confirm receipt, your queries will be suspended.

For the March 2008 magazine, in order to be sure that your query gets in to the magazine; please send your queries by email by 10th February 2008.
  Previous Topic Topic   
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000