This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Conference Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Scottish, Local, and Social History
 search
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

helen blythe

England
19 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2011 :  16:40:24  Show Profile  Visit helen blythe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am looking for the parents of thomas hope born 1783 scotland,death 1870 scotland.his wife was helen paterson born abt 1785-1878.thomas and helen had a daughter jane hope born abt 1808 roxburghshire death 1893 middlebury elkhart co in. thankyou helen

hblythe

Wardy

England
94 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2011 :  21:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found two Thomas Hope births. One born 26 Aug 1781 and one 29 May 1785 and both showing parents as James and Janet Hope. Both births at Kelso, Roxburghshire. Perhaps the first died in infancy. Strangely, I cannot find a wife named Paterson, but there was a marriage between a Thomas Hope and Betty Grieve in Kelso on 06 Aug 1805. Cheers, Ward 2204
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Robb

Spain
17 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2012 :  12:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Thomas Hope died in 1870 his death should be recorded in the stautory death records at GROS. (on Scotland People website) The parents are usually shown, including the mothers maiden surname, and the name of the deceaseds' spouse.

MJROBB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000