This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Conference Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Borders Family History
 Records and Other Artefacts
 james laidlaw 1841
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

helen blythe

England
19 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2011 :  16:21:35  Show Profile  Visit helen blythe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am looking for the death record of my grgrgrandfather james laidlaw.he was born in yarrow selkirkshire 1841,married margaret latimer 8 nov 1861 in canonbie. they lived in langholm dumfrieshire where my grgrgrandfather james i think died. can anyone help? helen blythe

hblythe

HelenT

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2012 :  00:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helen, Is there a connection between James Laidlaw and my Helen (Ellen) Laidlaw, born 1806 at Sunnybank, Yarrow Feus, Selkirk. She married Alexander Mathison 1823 Peebles. They had 11 children all born/registered at Yarrow. I don't know the names of Helen's parents.
HelenT
Melbourne
Go to Top of Page

helen blythe

England
19 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2012 :  16:28:42  Show Profile  Visit helen blythe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
james laidlaw was my grgrgrand father born 1841 yarrow he died in langholm.his father was william laidlaw born 1809,mother margaret hope born 1810.if you go back and search for william laidlaw born 1809 you will find he will date back to william laidlaw born 1690,and bessy scott born 1692 ettrick.they were my 6th grgrand parents.

hblythe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000