This website uses cookies. To read more about them, click 'cookies stored'. To accept our cookies, click the check box then press 'Continue'.

Borders Family History Society

Society Logo

Home Join
Us
Publications Research Maps &
Parishes
Forums Other
Websites
Contacts What's
On
Blog Help

Borders FHS Forum
Borders FHS Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Borders Family History
 People and Ancestry
 Tracing Blackie linage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lakbear

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2013 :  18:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All...I am attempting to trace the Blackie line of my family. James Blackie (or Blakie on OPR record) was born 8 May 1773, in Eyemouth. His father, as per that record was John Blakie. The record of his death (burial Ayton Parish Church Burial Grounds) states his father's name was John Blackie, and his mother Cecelia Melville. I cannot find any records for John or Cecelia. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Laurie

Harry D. Watson

89 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2013 :  22:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about the inconsistent spellings of Blackie and Blakie (or Blaikie). That seems to have been quite common in the Borders, as some of us have found to our cost (see below).

http://www.bordersfhs.org.uk/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=597

Harry
Go to Top of Page

scotsgirl44

England
13 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2013 :  12:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an Agness Blaikie/Bleakie married to a Peter Gray in Kirkton, Roxburghshire in 1780. I know nothing about her ancestral history. They had 2 children Agnes and Walter. I'm still trying to establish if this is the Walter Gray, gardener, who married Mary Morton in Hertfordshire (there was some scandal around this!) and then emigrated to Canada.
Go to Top of Page

angusg

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2013 :  04:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotsgirl44

I have an Agness Blaikie/Bleakie married to a Peter Gray in Kirkton, Roxburghshire in 1780. I know nothing about her ancestral history. They had 2 children Agnes and Walter. I'm still trying to establish if this is the Walter Gray, gardener, who married Mary Morton in Hertfordshire (there was some scandal around this!) and then emigrated to Canada.

Go to Top of Page

angusg

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2013 :  04:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have just read the post and thru my wifes grand mother Eliza Blackie, I have traced connections back to the same couple.

Goive me a pm if you would like more info.

Yours Aye,(Scots for always)
Angus

McDougal, Blackie, Pringle, Middlemiss,
Rennick, Hunter, Haig
Mosley, Stewart, Wood, Gladstone, Darrie,Melrose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Borders FHS Forum © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000